Is dessert really necessary at Easter, considering the abundance of chocolate bunnies and- YES!! ALWAYS!! We like to think of all those chocolate bunnies and eggs and jelly beans as an appetizer to the main event. In this case Raspberry Lemon Mini Cheesecakes! These darlings are the perfect dessert to make ahead. Bring them out moments before guests arrive and feel like wonder woman (or man)! No big deal.
Raspberry Lemon Mini Cheesecakes
1 1/2 C graham cracker crumbs
1/4 C melted butter
1/4 C brown sugar
1 250-g package of cream cheese
1 C whipping cream
1/3 C icing sugar
vanilla bean (optional) but delicious
1/2 C of sugared raspberries berries
16 pieces of candied lemon peel
1) Preheat your oven to 350 F. Mix graham cracker crumbs with brown sugar and melted butter until incorporated. Divide evenly between 8 baby mason jars. Press graham mixture down to make an even base. Bake for 10 minutes and let cool completely. Phew. Jk. That was super easy.
2) Whip cream with vanilla bean. Set aside.
3) Beat cream cheese with icing sugar until smooth.
4) Fold in whip cream in three stages until combined. Divide cheesecake filling evenly among jars, cover with lids and refrigerate.
5) Decorate mini cheesecakes with sugared raspberries and candied lemon peel. Bon Appétit!